Friday, June 3, 2011

Florence - Best known for

We did see a marathon of some sort..
Off the top of my head I cannot recall any monuments or dead men I saw in Florence(painted, zombified or otherwise). To my dismay, it seems that during vacation it is imperative to view dead people. Just like the theatrical release of The Sixth Sense, you have to pay to see the dead folks. Where does that get fun?

Trying to remember if I had ever visited the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore 




















I do, however, recall the awesome Moroccan server at the Hostel. He happened to speak six languages, but more importantly, made excellent shots. Unlike his meddling boss, our Moroccan friend was not keen on charging me for the round of shots I ordered the table (including our newly met birthday girl, Larissa), that is, until his boss started yelling at him in the back room about payment. As required, I went to the front desk, ordered shots to which the desk clerk looks blankly at me before turning to her boss and shouting, 'How much are shots??' '3 euro'. Ticket in hand, the Moroccan brings us shots. Six shots on the tray... Five people at the table. 'Man, my boss.... He's a real pain in my ass you know?' ' Alright, quick, quick' as he motions to the shots - one in front of each of us and one in his hand. We all quickly tip back our shots. Israeli Bastards, what a name for a shot. After kicking back some 'birras', a round of shots and a 300 gram pizza I am not really listening. I think he told us what was in the shot, too... In fact I don't really care much about anything else I did earlier or the dead people I presumably saw earlier that day. There was a statue in there somewhere, I think. Oh yeah, Michelangelo's David.  If you are ever in Florence, it is definitely worth visiting, although I cannot remember the pizzeria's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment