Friday, May 13, 2011

European Prep Work

In less than one week I will be leaving the States for the first time. Strapped to my back, I'll carry my life for about 3 weeks as I pass through Paris, Rome, Florence, Lucerne(Switzerland) and Paris(again). Oh yeah, how about a day trip to Tuscanny to drink wine?! Hiking in Switzerland?! Shenanigans in Paris?! I think 'yes'.

Throughout the journey I will blog from each wi-fi enabled McDo, hostel or cafe. The antics will be crazy traveling with some engineers(until I get back to Paris) and mathematicians(stay tuned for TandemTerror in Switzerland when we put two men on one perfectly good bike).

As of now I have a plane ticket to Paris and back, a smattering of French, five empty boxes on a railpass(Italy, France and Switzerland), nowhere to stay in Rome, one backpack and a tiny iPod for blogging! And a serious need of vacation. Engineering isn't always faeries and unicorns, kids( just somewhere after 3am).

My railpass arrived just today. Tomorrow I still have a final in Polymer Chemistry, but the trip almost feels real. Let's just say I don't officially graduate until I pass all my finals.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it should be a great time Chad! Looking forward to following... nobody tells a story quite like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me making a blog as well. We can compare notes on the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a camera, Kid? Have fun!

    Your broham
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete